The Washington State Housing Finance Commission is offering ADDITIONAL down payment assistance for qualifying homebuyers who use the Commission’s mortgage programs (Home Advantage and House Key). This additional assistance is available ONLY to Clark County homebuyers.
• How does the program work?
Eligible homebuyers work with a lender to get prequalified for a Housing Finance Commission home loan. When you are ready to buy, the lender reserves the downpayment assistance along with the home loan.
• What other steps do I need to take before closing?
* Take a free homebuyer education class. Classes are five hours, offered both in-person and virtually, and teach everything you need to know about buying a home.
* Have a one-on-one pre-purchase counseling session. These sessions are provided by approved housing counselors and give you an in-depth review of your personal financial situation, so that you go into homeownership with the best chance of long-term success.
• Who is eligible for this program?
* Household income under $95,850 (this is 90% of the median income for a family of four in Clark County as of January 2023)
* Haven’t owned a home in the past three years
* Will live in the home as a primary residence (no investment properties)
* Credit score at least 620
• What properties are eligible?
* Must be in Clark County
* Purchase price $600,000 or less
• How much money can I get?
Borrowers can get up to $60,000 in downpayment and closing-cost assistance.
• Is this a loan I have to pay back?
The interest rate is 2% simple interest with deferred payment—meaning no payment is due until the mortgage is paid off or until you sell, transfer, move out, or refinance the property.
To get started contact us today and will get you in contact with a lender who is familiar with this program!